MBA vs. PGDM: Know the Difference
May 26, 2023
Are you looking for a management course?
Well, then, you must know the difference between MBA and PGDM.
Both PGDM and MBA are accepted by corporates as they train aspirants per the industry’s demands.
These courses provide the learners with the necessary skills and knowledge regarding business theories and their practical application.
However, there are specific key differences that one must pay attention to.
- MBA stands for Masters in Business Administration, wherein an individual acquires a ‘Master’s’ degree.
- PGDM stands for Post Graduate Diploma in Management, wherein the individual acquires a ‘Diploma.’
- An MBA can be offered by recognized institutions affiliated with recognized universities.
- A PGDM can be offered by autonomous institutes.
These institutes generally receive approval from AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) or NSDC (National Skill Development Corporation).
There are also a few curriculum differences between the two courses.
- In the case of an MBA, the curriculum is more standardized and is set as per the specific models of the University.
- However, a diploma in management course is considered flexible in terms of its syllabus. It attends to the demands of the industry, where it can be modified to train its aspirants with the present trends, skills, and knowledge required in the industry.
You must understand that both courses help you acquire equal opportunities in the corporate sector.
However, it is crucial that you choose a recognized institution with proper certifications.
For instance, Thadomal Shahani Centre for Management (TSCFM) offers a Global MBA program from ARU (Anglia Ruskin University) that ranks among the top 20% of universities globally.
Also, it offers the best PGDM course with EquQual-UK Qualification and an NSDC certification.
With this, TSCFM offers a Government Accredited PGDM certificate which makes it the top PGDM college in Mumbai.
Please take a look at the TSCFM courses
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM): https://tscfm.org/courses/3-in-1-management-program/
- MBA from UK University: https://tscfm.org/courses/mba-from-uk-university/
- PGDM in Finance: https://tscfm.org/courses/post-graduation-diploma-in-management-finance/
- PGDM in Integrated Marketing: https://tscfm.org/courses/post-graduation-diploma-in-management-marketing/
- PGDM in Operations: https://tscfm.org/courses/post-graduation-diploma-in-management-operations/